Thursday, 10 March 2011
Cheese and a gas problem
I'm missing DC. This causes me to reflect on life in the USA. In my opinion, the best things about American life can be ranked as follows:
1. DC's petrol (gas) costs $3.50 per gallon and you're convinced that's a rip-off. You DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD YOU HAVE IT!!! It's $9 per gallon in London right now, my friends. Believe it!
2. Customer service. Your tip-based economy gets those service industry employees all fired up and working hard! So, although I still struggle to calculate the tip in my head, it's always worth paying.
3. My Hank. (Hmmm maybe he should have been listed first?)
The hardest things about the USA can be ranked as follows:
1. Surprisingly bland chocolate.
2. A lack of tasty cheese, the absence of which would surely have sparked a revolution in Europe.
The cheese problem is so serious that, since returning to London, I have eaten cheese on toast four times in two days. The other two meals included moussaka (with cheese sauce) and a cheddar cheese roll.
Accepting that you have a problem is the first step towards ignoring it, so I'm proud to declare my cheese problem publicly on this blog.
You think you can take me on and take the cheese biscuit? Try this test, cheese-aholics!
Posted by Georgia at 16:18