Tuesday 15 February 2011

The End is Nigh

Like my fellow Brits, Americans often seem surprised that they have a poor reputation overseas.  On Sunday I saw something that goes some way to explaining the reputation Americans have acquired.

I truly wonder how this overly-vocal minority of the US population can be not only so blindly religious, but also have enough money to buy not one, not two, but five RVs and customise them with an insane message about the end of the world starting on May 21st 2011 (NB not 2012, as previously advertised).

And then the same set of people find time to drive along the Mall, advertising this "good news" to tourists and locals alike. It's certainly a different kind of "good news" from that told by my Christian friends in the UK.  I suppose I should get rejoicing and remember to make Hank use up all his Annual Leave before May 20th.

And I'll be sure to tune into FamilyRadio.com on May 22nd 2011 for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog