Wednesday 5 January 2011

Giving up ... for good



Just a short blog entry today (after Hank called yesterday's entry a "dissertation")

You heard about my macrobiotic New Years Resolution in my first entry of 2011.  I have already broken with my "quest to become grass-fed" a couple of times and really I don't think this makes me a bad person.  This selective approach to giving something up reminds me of a story from my singleton days.

It was 2006.  A guy called John took me out for a drink after work.  It was our first date and while we contemplated the snack menu, he stated that he had given up drinking.  He had suffered one too many hangovers and recently also gotten into a fight while drunk.  "I'm really proud of myself for quitting!" he added. "Nobody thought I could stick to it this long."

"Really?" I said, relieved. "How long has it been?"

"One day" came the reply. "No .... wait, I had a beer at lunchtime."

There was no second date.

rejected.gif (450×450)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog