Tuesday 14 December 2010

Just two nights left in the UK....

And the vengeful UK weather is threatening to snow me in on the evening of my departure!  Only slightly less concerning is a blistering change in my mum, formerly an ardent advocate of higher education for women, now remarking that her Masters-educated daughter can spend her leisure time in DC "sewing curtains" and going to the gym to lose weight before the wedding.  Has the engagement ring had the alarming effect of removing my mother's extant inhibitions?  Or, is this an entirely new mother? The infamous mother-of-the-bride!!!

I'd be less concerned but my Office are simultaneously running a sweepstake on whether I'll ever return to work or just "sprog" and become a "domestic manager" in DC.  Only time will tell.  But personally, I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog